Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

What tools do you use for monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues on Windows servers?

 As a Windows Administrator, I rely on several built-in and third-party tools to monitor system performance and troubleshoot issues on Windows servers. For real-time monitoring and basic diagnostics, I use the Performance Monitor (PerfMon) tool that comes with Windows Server. It allows me to track various performance counters and create custom data collector sets for in-depth analysis.

For more advanced troubleshooting, I utilize Sysinternals Suite, which offers a comprehensive set of utilities like Process Explorer, Process Monitor, and Autoruns. These tools help me identify resource-hogging processes, monitor file system and registry activities, and manage startup items effectively.

When it comes to network-related issues, Wireshark is my go-to tool for capturing and analyzing network traffic. This helps me pinpoint bottlenecks or potential security threats within the server environment. Additionally, I keep an eye on Event Viewer logs to stay informed about any critical events or errors that may impact server performance.

Post a Comment

0 Comments